Monday 17 July 2017

Return to the Lochs


A couple of years ago I posted about a run to the Lochs. I thought it was about time to do this again.

Lake of Menteith

Loch Lubnaig

The road on the south side of Loch Earn is narrow but very quiet

Loch Earn


This duck seemed unconcerned about me getting close to her & her young

Statue in Loch Earn at St Fillans

The blue flowers on this shrub had a strong scent. I think it is the Butterfly Bush (Buddleja Davidii) imported from China as an ornimental plant, now in the wild.


Loch Tay panorama

Loch Tay

Loch Rannoch - it was breezy here, making the water choppy

Unusually for me I made lunch to have on the road. This rock provided a table with a view.

River Tummel

This bridge over the River Tay in Aberfeldy is one of my favourites. The four obelisks framing the central arch are an interesting architectural feature.

Castle Menzies near Aberfeldy

4 comments:

  1. The road beside Loch Earn looks perfect, narrow enough to keep any big vehicles at bay. I wish I had smell-o-vision for the Butterfly Bush. We have one in our backyard and I think it smells like honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day out. We have lots of little roads. I study the map looking for them.

      I fancy a butterfly bush for my garden. It's considered an evasive species here so maybe I'll carry a trowel with me on my travels and dig one up if I find it in the wild.

      Delete
  2. I've got one in my garden, take a cutting from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the Mirror Man back in place. It was lost in a big storm a few years ago and had to be salvaged from the bottom of the loch.

    ReplyDelete